Welcome to this blog developed for T-560, Universal Design for Learning (taught by David Rose and Bart Pisha). I'm a TF for this class, and I hope to be able to share some of my learning throughout the semester- and beyond- and to learn from others in and out of this class.
I will also be sharing websites and other information I find about the things I am most interested in-reading (phonological processing, speech and sound perception and production), UDL, and second language learning. I'll also be keeping an eye out for information about thinking and learning in general. The first of these websites can be found in the list to the right. Of particular interest is the way in which the website can be changed to suit people who like to read with bigger or smaller font, different background colors, etc.
Click on this website link for sounds of the International Phonetic Alphabet and to learn about the IPA. I use this site quite a lot in my own work http://web.uvic.ca/ling/resources/ipa/charts/IPAlab/IPAlab.htm
Click on this website link for sounds of the International Phonetic Alphabet and to learn about the IPA. I use this site quite a lot in my own work http://web.uvic.ca/ling/resources/ipa/charts/IPAlab/IPAlab.htm
2 comments:
Oh my goodness, you sound like a genius!!! THAT'S why you get to take the fancy classes in the Yard. I don't yet know how to make my blog as nice looking as some of the other blogs from class, but I'll try to add a picture or something on there to make it cool.
Rachel,
Thanks for your post. You asked about one of my favorite topics but I will try and keep it short as that is what I understand the blog etiquette to be. It is very student centered and experiential. All students identify something they want to learn about and then they plan a trip to meet someone who can teach all of us about it. Before we go we use the topic to direct our reading in preparation for the trip. When we return one student is assigned to write a thank you letter and another student writes an article about the trip. At the end of the program all the articles are compiled into a book that the students keep. They read about an interest and they write about something they know and have experienced. We have gone on some very interesting trips - psychics, cartoonists, magicians, pilots etc.
Steve
Post a Comment